Account Manager DACH region
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, CologneSales team
UgenTec is an international and fast-growing bio-IT company specialized in the development of diagnostic & workflow software for molecular laboratories. The UgenTec software solutions are situated on the challenging crossroad between IT, data science and biotechnology. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in our market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus, where a diverse team of 60 people is bringing our SaaS software suite to the global market.
As our Account Manager you’ll work in the UgenTec sales team, responsible for selling our software solution to molecular labs in the DACH region. You work closely with the Marketing, Customer service and Product teams, and report to the Sales Director EMEA. You will work in a highly motivated team that strives together to achieve sales and company objectives.
What you'll do
As an Account Manager you will maintain and grow the relationship with existing customers and develop meaningful business with new customers. More precisely, you will be in charge for upselling, cross selling, be the contact of your customer base, all while expanding brand recognition in Germany and managing tenders.
- You will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities to ensure reaching all sales and financial goals.
- You will enjoy a lot of ownership to satisfy your entrepreneurial hands-on, can-do mentality. While the goals of the company are very clear, how you achieve them will be up to you.
- Your company brand should be at the heart of everything that you do as an Account Manager, you are representing the brand daily in line with the values of UgenTec.
- You are expected to consistently provide excellent sales and customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
- In addition to building a client base, you will be responsible for accurate record keeping and be able to report correctly to your team.
What you'll bring to the team
You are an Account Manager that likes to go the extra mile, and expect your colleagues to do the same. Showing initiative with a proper sense of responsibility is your second nature.
- It is a must that you have a Masters degree in molecular biology (or similar degree) and that you have experience in molecular (diagnostic) research, so you can connect with customers on a technical level.
- You have experience in sales in a molecular diagnostics environment.
- We do not expect you to have experience in software, but you are willing to learn this.
- You have strong communication skills, you use an open and effective style that puts customers first. You always strive for a long-term relationship.
- You are proactive and you have a strong drive to push opportunities forward through the sales process.
- You are willing to travel, both regionally and internationally, up to 50% of your time meet up with clients, and to attend trade shows or conferences.
- You have a C2 level of German and you are fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
Was this list a bit much? We don’t expect you to meet all these criteria from day one, but we do expect a motivated and can-do attitude.
UgenTec stands for a stimulating scale-up atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at.
We offer a fascinating role in an international environment where you will have the possibility to grow and shape a market right from the start. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have a chat with us.
We offer competitive salaries including :
- attractive bonus system
- phone + mobile subscription