Bio IT Project manager
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltCustomer Service team
UgenTec is an international and fast-growing bio-IT company specialized in the development of diagnostic & workflow software for molecular laboratories. The UgenTec software solutions are situated on the challenging crossroad between IT, data science and biotechnology. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in our market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus, where a diverse team of 55 people is bringing our SaaS software suite to the global market.
As a Project manager, you join our Customer service team in making the UgenTec vision a reality. We have a diverse team where you’ll be able to learn from others and where your experience will be required to meet our goals. You'll be working closely with several other team members to make your project successful.
What you'll do
As a Project manager, you are responsible for the correct delivery of customer projects, mainly focused in the agbio market. FastFinder Genotyper is a young and growing business within UgenTec, we are looking for somebody who can build out the projects & customers into success cases, to accelerate FastFinder Genotyper into a leading business which serves customers across the globe.
- As part of the delivery team, you are responsible for the complete journey once a client signed a contract.
- You deliver the project’s scope in a pragmatic manner and in a customer-centric way.
In collaboration with the laboratory or manufacturer you finalize the requirements. You plan the implementation & validation of these requirements together with the internal team of UgenTec.
- You are the single point of contact for all project related questions.
- You ensure that projects are successfully completed on time and you keep customers happy.
- In some cases you go out of your job responsibility and e.g. train the client in using the product or assist in delivering major accounts.
- You are, together with the business lead, responsible for and drive the growth of the product within the organization and within the market.
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for a collaborative problem solver with excellent communication skills:
You are experienced in the biomedical/Biotechnological/AgBio area and are familiar with IT, you have a minimum of 5 years relevant working in the AgBio sector or you can convince us of relevant other experience.
You feel comfortable with the “Agile way of working” and are happy to work in a Scrum environment.
- You are able to drive constructive conversations and reach consensus. Discussing complex matters in an easy way is no problem for you. IT project management, a software background and/or experience in UX design are a plus.
- You love working in depth combined with a broad responsibility in tasks & roles.
- You love a job which is focused on a mix of internal and external interactions & responsibilities.
You are a hands on person, can work independent and have a good sense of responsibility.
You have at least a master/Bachelor degree and a good knowledge of English.
UgenTec stands for a stimulating scale-up atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at.
We combine cutting edge technology with a streamlined product process to ensure we deliver only the best solutions to our customers. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have a chat with us.
We offer competitive salaries including
- a car + fuel card (or mobility budget)
- meal + eco vouchers
- mobile subscription
- hospitalization insurance
- 32 days off
You’ll work from our headquarters in Hasselt, Belgium, with an option to work from home for 3 days a week.