Field application specialist US
RemoteUnited States, Massachusetts, CambridgeSales team
UgenTec is an international and fast-growing bio-IT company specialized in the development of diagnostic & workflow software for molecular laboratories. The UgenTec software solutions are situated on the challenging crossroad between IT, data science and biotechnology. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in our market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Belgium at the Corda Campus, where a diverse team of 50 people is bringing our SaaS software suite to the global market. US Commercial HQ is Cambridge, Mass.
As a Field Application Scientist, you’ll work in the UgenTec sales team, working in both pre & post sale situations. Responsible for presenting, to individuals and groups of various size, customer objective focused scientific software demonstrations, custom software product trainings, showing the value of UgenTec FastFinder.
You will work internally with sales, marketing, customer support, and R&D teams as a customer advocate
What you’ll do:
- You’ll become a power-user of FastFinder and champion this to our prospects and customer on their molecular workflow and interpretation needs.
- You leverage your scientific knowledge to identify customer challenges and map them to UgenTec’s.
- You are responsible for product demos and trainings. You set-up and deliver on-site or online demonstrations of our FastFinder product.
- You are the application and technical support to the sales team and provide technical product support during local customer visits.
- You support marketing with product management responsibilities and collect content from customers to build marketing cases.
- You provide training not only to customers but also to the direct sales and customer-oriented employees in the company. You help to set-up product presentations to user groups for example on seminars, product workshops and demo days.
- You collect product feedback from customers. You recommend improvements on the products to R&D, to improve customer satisfaction.
What you'll bring to the team
- You are a Field Application Specialist that likes to go the extra mile, and expect your colleagues to do the same. Showing initiative with a proper sense of responsibility is your second nature.
- You have a strong science background, with PhD or equivalent experience in molecular biology, or in a molecular diagnostics environment.
- Preferably you have experience in molecular (diagnostic) research and can connect with customers on a technical level.
- You have a high affinity with software and are familiar with SaaS. We do not expect you to be an IT person, but you are able to communicate the value of software, AI and automation to both IT-savvy and less IT-minded people.
- You have strong communication skills, you use an open and effective style that puts customers first. You always strive for a long-term relationship.
- You are proactive and you have a strong drive to push projects over the finish line.
- You are willing to travel, both regionally and internationally, up to 50% of your time meet up with clients, and to attend trade shows or conferences.
- This is a field-based role where you will work from your personal home office with local and regional travel.
- Was this list a bit much? We don’t expect you to meet all these criteria from day one, but we do expect a motivated and can-do attitude.
UgenTec stands for a stimulating scale-up atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at.
We offer a fascinating role in an international environment where you will have the possibility to grow and shape a market right from the start. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have a chat with us.
We offer competitive salaries including:
- attractive bonus system
- phone + mobile subscription
- Full Benefits with 401k + match (no vesting period)