Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltProduct team
UgenTec is an international and fast-growing bio-IT company specialized in the development of diagnostic & workflow software for molecular laboratories. The UgenTec software solutions are situated on the challenging crossroad between IT, data science and biotechnology. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in our market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus, where a diverse team of 70 people is bringing our SaaS software suite to the global market.
As a Functional analyst, you join our development team in making the UgenTec vision a reality. We have a diverse team where you’ll be able to learn from others and where your experience will be required to meet our goals. You'll be working closely with a Product Owner and software engineers.
What you'll do
As a functional analyst, you build UgenTec products in an agile manner, being responsible for the analyses of product requirements and the follow-up of product features. Together with the team, you'll be shipping high quality software in a regulated environment (ISO 13485).
- You will turn high level product requirements into detailed analyses.
- With the Product Owner, you will prepare sprints and manage the product backlog.
- You will be ensuring product quality by verifying acceptance criteria, writing test cases, and executing formal verification & validation tests.
- You will support in creating product documentation.
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for a collaborative problem solver with excellent communication skills:
- You have an analytical mindset and are capable of translating customer requirements into product features.
- You feel at ease in a software development environment, working with a team of engineers.
- Being familiar with agile project planning and methodologies is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills, both inward and outward facing.
- Experience in life sciences is a plus; either way, you are enthusiastic about clinical diagnostics and are capable of grasping the complexities of DNA analysis.
- You are fluent in Dutch & English (both speaking and writing) - French and German are a plus.
UgenTec stands for a stimulating scale-up atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at.
We combine cutting edge technology with a streamlined product process to ensure we deliver only the best solutions to our customers. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have a chat with us.
We offer competitive salaries including:
- a car + fuel card (or mobility budget)
- meal vouchers
- mobile subscription
- hospitalization insurance
You’ll work from our headquarters in Hasselt, Belgium, with an option to work from home for 3 days a week.