Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltProduct team
UgenTec is an international and fast-growing bio-IT company specialized in the development of diagnostic & workflow software for molecular laboratories. The UgenTec software solutions are situated on the challenging crossroad between IT, data science and biotechnology. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in our market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus, where a diverse team of 50 people is bringing our SaaS software suite to the global market.
As a Product Owner, you join our development team in making the UgenTec vision a reality. We have a diverse team where you’ll be able to learn from others and where your experience will be required to meet our goals. You'll be working closely with software engineers, a UI/UX designer, and other Product Owners.
What you'll do
As a Product Owner, you are the subject matter expert on one of the FastFinder products. You represent the outside world to the product development team, ensuring the team has a perfect understanding of the product at all times.
- You collaborate with customers and users to understand product needs, drafting product features, creating wireframes and iterating implementation ideas with the engineering team
- Together with the Product Management team, you prioritize product features, maximizing business value
- As a proxy to the outside world, you provide insights on product requirements to the engineering team
- During implementation, you actively participate in building the product by planning sprints and testing features
- Together with the team, you are responsible for shipping high quality software in a regulated environment (ISO 13485); this includes creating documentation and executing formal verification & validation
- You are the primary point of contact for this particular product within UgenTec: you communicate product vision with other departments and report on progress to the Product Management team
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for a collaborative problem solver with a proper sense of responsibility, looking for the best solutions while doing things the right way:
- You have an analytical mindset and are capable of translating customer requirements into product designs
- You feel at ease in a software development environment, working with a team of engineers
- Being familiar with agile project planning and methodologies is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills, both inward and outward facing
- Experience in life sciences is a plus; either way, you are enthusiastic about clinical diagnostics and are capable of grasping the complexities of DNA analysis
- You are proactive and entrepreneurial, you have a get things done mentality
- You are fluent in Dutch & English (both speaking and writing) - French and German are a plus
UgenTec stands for a stimulating scale-up atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at.
We combine cutting edge technology with a streamlined product process to ensure we deliver only the best solutions to our customers. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have a chat with us.
We offer competitive salaries including:
- a car + fuel card (or mobility budget)
- meal vouchers
- mobile subscription
- hospitalization insurance
You’ll work from our headquarters in Hasselt, Belgium, with an option to work from home for 3 days a week.