Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltOperations team
UgenTec is an international and fast-growing labtech company specialized in the development of diagnostic & workflow software for molecular laboratories. The UgenTec software solutions are situated on the challenging crossroad between IT, data science and biotechnology. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in our market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus, where a diverse team of 70+ people (and still growing) is bringing our SaaS suite to the global market.
As a senior accountant, you join our finance team in making the UgenTec vision a reality. We have a diverse team where you’ll be able to learn from others and where your experience will be required to meet our goals. You'll be working closely with our CFO to make your project successful.
What you'll do?
Process improvement and automation:
- Drive the monthly financial close process and related preparation of financial statements
- Prepare monthly customer invoicing and apply related revenue recognition
- Reconcile of balance sheet and income statement accounts, including journal entries
- Assist with monthly financial statement analysis
- Perform daily treasury and banking activities
- Manage UgenTec’s annual external financial statement audit, including preparation of audit schedules
- Implement and optimize process improvements as required
- Be able to work in a cohesive, results-driven team structure
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for a collaborative problem solver with excellent communication skills:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Five years of relevant accounting experience, including responsibilities on general ledger functions, payroll and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (eg Belgian GAAP and US GAAP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and excellent organization, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and consistently meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- You have a solid knowledge of English.
UgenTec stands for a stimulating scale-up atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at.
We combine cutting edge technology with a streamlined product process to ensure we deliver only the best solutions to our customers. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have a chat with us.
We offer competitive salaries including
- A car + fuel card (or mobility budget)
- Meal + eco vouchers
- Mobile subscription
- Hospitalization insurance
- 32 days off
You’ll work from our office in Hasselt, Belgium, with an option to work from home for 1-2 days a week.