UgenTec is an international and fast-growing bio-IT company specialized in the development of diagnostic & workflow software for molecular laboratories. The UgenTec software solutions are situated on the challenging crossroad between IT, data science and biotechnology. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in our market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus, where a diverse team of +40 people is bringing this offering to the global market.
You join our Product Development team in making the UgenTec vision a reality. As a Product Owner, you are the subject matter expert on one of UgenTec's FastFinder products. You represent the outside world to the product development team, ensuring the team has a perfect understanding of the product at all times:
- Together with the Product Management team, you prioritize product features, maximizing business value
- As a proxy to the outside world, you provide insights into product requirements to the engineering team
- You collaborate with customers and users to understand product needs;
you draft product features, create wireframes and iterate implementation ideas with the engineering team
- During implementation, you actively participate in building the product by planning sprints and testing features
- Together with the team, you are responsible for shipping high quality software in a regulated environment (ISO 13485); this includes creating documentation and executing formal verification & validation
- You are the primary point of contact for this particular product within UgenTec: you communicate product vision with other departments and report on progress to the Product Management team
We're looking to strengthen our Product Development team with a Product Owner, a collaborative problem solver with a proper sense of responsibility.
- You have an analytical mindset and are capable of translating customer requirements into product designs
- You feel at ease in a software development environment, working with a team of engineers
- Being familiar with agile project planning and methodologies is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills, both inward and outward facing
- Experience in life sciences is a plus; either way, you are enthusiastic about clinical diagnostics and are capable of grasping the complexities of DNA analysis
- You are proactive and entrepreneurial, you have a get things done mentality
- You are fluent in English (both speaking and writing) - French and German are a plus
UgenTec stands for a stimulating scale-up atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at.
We combine cutting edge technology with a streamlined development process to ensure we deliver only the best solutions to our customers. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have a chat with us.
We offer competitive salaries including :
- a car + fuel card (or mobility budget)
- meal vouchers
- mobile subscription
- hospitalization insurance